Everyone loves Target. Come one, you know you love that place. You walk in with a list in your hand and then see the dollar sections and lose it! $4,103.28 later you walk out.
I kid. I kid.
I actually don't shop at target often anymore, but it is still one of my favorite places to SAVE money. Target is really coupon friendly. They have several ways to save (and of course get you to spend).
I have outlined some of those below:
1. Good old fashioned coupons. Target allows you to use both print and clipped coupons in their store and you can use one manufacturers coupon and one store coupon for the same item.
So say you want a container of yogurt that costs $2.99 and Target has a $.50 off coupon. You can stack that with a manufacturers coupon, let's just say for $1.00. Then you got that yogurt for $1.49.
2. Cartwheel by Target App! I love this app. It allows you to find discounts on items from shoes to diapers to fresh produce all on your smartphone! No clipping, no printing, no deal hunting. It's all in one place.
Simply search for the item you are looking for within the app, choose select the deal and then let the cashier scan your phone during check out.
These deals are usually for things like 5% off store brand milk or 20% off cheese. So it's not HUGE savings but you can pair these cart wheel savings with your coupons.
3. Price matching. Did you know that Target price matches Amazon?
Now I don't really get that excited about price matching. My thought is, you can just go to that store and buy the item. I know that it saves time buying it all in one place, but what is more convenient than having Amazon just deliver it to your door???
HOWEVER Target will let you use coupons on top of that price matched item.
4. Text deals! Target also has text deals. Much like the Carwheel deals, these require a smart phone and you will have to show the checkout person the barcode on your phone so she or he can scan them. But these deals are fabulous. Usually it's high value off fruit, vegetables and fresh meat.
5. RedCard. You can save an additional 5% on your purchases by using the Target RedCard. Now you know I don't advocate credit cards. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee that I will never talk up a credit card on this blog. But, Target offers the same savings in a DEBIT card.
It's an extra 5% off your purchases. That adds up over the course of a year.
6. Bring your own bags! The store will take $.5 off your total for each reusable bag you use. I know in the long run it's actually saving them money for me to bring my own bags. It's better for the environment and I don't have a ton of bags to dispose of when I get home. So it's a win/win/win.
So what's your favorite way to save money at Target? Do you use any of the above?
NOTE: This post was not, in anyway sponsored by Target. They gave me nothing in return for this post and it contains no affiliate links.