Life has been a little stressful these past few months.
Jason has been traveling a lot for work and he has been gone pretty much every other week since New Years.
And while I love being at home with my boys it has not been without its challenges. I am going to be honest, raising two little boys age three and under and trying to run a business from home as well as care for 17 (count em 17!) chickens, it gets stressful.
There has been more than one night when I found myself face down on my bed crying after the boys went to bed. It has been so hard.
I feel myself getting stressed out, sweat dripping off my forehead and I feel the tears coming. I raise my voice at my children as I trip over the same toy I have put back on the shelf twelve times. I smear peanut butter on a piece of bread serve it to my kids for dinner and call it a day.
And then I feel like a terrible mother/wife/person.
Then I stay up til 2 or 3 a.m. working before I fall into bed and pray tomorrow I will be a kinder person. My toddler wakes at 6:30 and do it all again.
Part of the reason I feel so stressed is because I have taken ZERO time for self care. I am lucky if I get a shower. Much less put on make up or go to sleep on time.
So I have learned to take five minutes to decompress, light a candle, put on lip gloss take some time to complete a thought.
And I know there are so many parents going it alone day in and day out. And I am by NO means comparing myself to them. Hats off to all of you. For real. You are in my prayers.
I realize I am no the only woman going through this. I am not the only person on the planet who feels stressed, overwhelmed and under rested.
So each day I am taking a few minutes to read a book, light a candle, shower and put on lotion.
Today I am hosting a giveaway featuring several things I use to help me relax and compress.
The giveaway includes a copy of Southern Holiday Life Magazine featuring my article
A Grown Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson
A Crave eucalyptus and spearmint candle from ePantry
Baby Lips lip gloss
Burt's Bees facial cleanser
Loreal EverStrong Sulfate Free shampoo and conditioner
Summer scented moisturizer
There are 6 ways to enter to win:
1. Leave a comment on this post. Tell me what you do to relax.
2. Follow me on Instagram Leave a comment with your Instagram handle and you’ll get another entry.
3. Follow me on Pinterest. Leave a comment letting me know for another entry.
4. Share this post on Facebook (click the “Share” button to reshare on your OWN Facebook page). Leave a comment with your link and get an extra entry. (To get a Facebook URL for each post click on the Facebook time stamp.)
4. Share this post on Pinterest (just click on “Share” and post it on one of your Pinterest boards). Leave another comment and let me know you did this for an extra entry.
5. Also Share this post on Pinterest (just click on “Share” and post it on one of your Pinterest boards). Leave another comment and let me know you did this for an extra entry.
6. Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter handle for an extra entry.
You can get a total of 6 entries for extra shots at winning! Winners will be chosen by Random.org next Wednesday at noon (CST).