It's Pi Day fellow nerds. Since I am not celebrating with equations I decided to celebrate with what else? A little Pi Pie. Mini pecan pies, that is.
This recipe yields 24 little pies.
What you'll need:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - softened at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line your muffin pan.
In your mixer combine flour, sugar and butter. If you have bread hooks use them. The dough will be clumpy, that's a good thing.
Press your dough in to the cups. Slide in the oven and bake 10 minutes.
While that is baking get started on your filling.
Beat eggs on a low setting and add in syrup and sugar, slowly. Mix in butter an vanilla. Once thoroughly mixed stir in pecans.
Remove dough from oven and por mixture into cups. Each cup should be 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. These are so, so, so yummy.