I like looking put together. It makes me feel good. But I don't wake up in the morning looking cute.
See, that's me. And excuse the toddler underpants in the background. This is real life.
But since I don't want to go to Publix looking like a Rip Van Winkle's mom, I like to slap on a little make up in the morning.
Here is my three minute routine and below are my favorite products.
(Note: this DOES contain affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.)
I just use a few simple products and if I am not leaving the house I just use CC cream and mascara and call it a day!
If I am I use 6 items and 2 tools.
1. Olay Total Effects 7 CC Cream. Since I am aging- we are all aging, I use a product with a sunscreen in it (I am SERIOUS about sunscreen). This also has a primer and some anti aging properties in it. But I like it because it's really light weight but still has good coverage.
2. Cover Girl Fresh Complexion Concealer. Every busy woman needs concealer. It looks like you've slept... when you haven't... in two years. I just sweep this under my eyes in a v shape and move on. This is a lighter coverage and I don't look like a raccoon.
3.Pro Beauty Sponge.This sponge only costs $2 and lasts forever. It makes things blend so smoothly and the shape gets into the little areas under eyes and around your nose. I wet the sponge to make the product go on evenly.
4. Almay TLC Powder. I just lightly apply this powder to my face to kind of set everything in place.
5. E.L.F. Brush. I use this E.L.F brush to apply the powder quickly and lightly to my face.
6. Maybelline Baby Lips. Okay, this may seem like the weird part. I love this lip balm.... but I don't use it on my lips (well sometimes I do) I use it on my cheeks. And it works great! It gives me a pop of color and I can apply it really fast with my fingers.
7. NeutrogenaMoistureSmooth Color Stick. I LOVE this lip color. It smoothes on so well, lasts a long time, smells great and really moisturizes my dry lips! And I really like the color, Berry Bright. It's pink, but not too pink.
8. Almay One Coat, Get Up and Grow Mascara. This is really an easy mascara to wear. The brush is deisgned to get each lash, and I feel like it does. I have WHITE lashes and this gives me really good coverage and stays on pretty well.
So that's it! That's my routine. It's not fancy and I am probably doing it wrong, but it works for this busy mama.
What is your makeup routine like?