Last week we talked about encouraging new moms. Earlier this week I took a friend a new mom care package. It was filled with stuff just for her.
Care packages are fun to give and certainly fun to give.
I used a bucket I had left over from my sweet boy's birthday party. These buckets were purchased by my mother-in-law's sister for $1 at the Dollar Tree.
I then took the bucket and filled it with popcorn, peanuts, tea, hot cocoa and some candy I put inside one of my homemade mason jar tumblers.
I also put in some soap from bath and body works and some lip gloss I had gotten from CVS using my Extra Care Bucks.
Here are some tips for giving a care package:
- Think about what the receiver needs. You don't want to give things a person doesn't want or would never use.
- Fill the care package with snacks and goodies. Whether it's a new mom, a college student, or a soldier who has been deployed, we all LOVE snacks!
- Keep it simple. There is no need to imitate Pinterest.
- It doesn't have to be expensive. Load it down with all those great samples you get in the mail.
- Include a sweet note. I included a note from my son that said, "Baby boy thinks you're doing a great job and wanted you to have some goodies."
- Use encouraging words. I included some Bible verses I find encouraging.
Long ago the Lord said to Israel:
“I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.
With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.
What would you put in a care package, or want to receive in one?