For the first few months after Issie was born I wandered around my house in a daze.
Our house was always dirty, I could never find a clean spoon and meal times were hit or miss.
I knew I needed a change, but with a baby that didn't sleep and a toddler into everything, that was easier said than done.
Everyday was different, a new set of struggles, a different ball to juggle.
I thrive on routine. My kids thrive on routine. So I had to set some things I place to make life easier.
Finding a routine that works for you is paramount. For me it helps settle my mind and helps me just feel better.
1. Start the day with an empty sink. I try to load my dishwasher and have my sink cleaned and sanitized before putting the kids to bed at night, that way we start the day with a clean slate.
2. Make my bed. Okay, I cheat on this one. I hate top sheets... HATE THEM! So I just pull my comforter up and fluff the pillows. It takes 30 seconds and I can do it with a toddler rolling around in the bed.
3. Throw on a load of laundry. Each morning after breakfast I throw a basket of clothes in the washer. This way I can stay on top of the laundry before it piles up. It might not get folded for several days, but at least it's clean.
4. Plan to eat. I plan out our meals, all of them, in advance. I have a loose meal plan that I work with each week. This saves me time and money everyday.
5. Plan to dress. I also lay out my clothes the night before. Even if I'm not going to be seen I still put my clothe out so I can dress in seconds before my kiddos wake.
What is in your routine? Tell me about it in the comments section below.